NOTICE: Public engagement is now scheduled to end on August 31, 2020. The engagement process was extended due to COVID-19. We continue to work with Yukon First Nations and municipalities to determine how they would like us to proceed with engagement in Yukon communities.
We will update this website as new dates and events are scheduled.
We remain committed to ensuring that the Yukon Mineral Development Strategy process is one that works for Yukoners and encourage everyone to get involved in the process.
There are several ways to participate in the Yukon Mineral Development Strategy Engagement Process:
- Take the YMDS Engagement Survey.
- Attend an Open House. (Postponed. We will announce dates as they are scheduled.)
- Make an audio, video, or written submission using our online uploader.
- Participate in Online Discussions.
- Apply to make a 10-minute presentation directly to the YMDS Panel. (Online only, at this time.)
- Call the YMDS Engagement Line at 1-877-321-1233 and leave an audio message for the YMDS Panel.
Please note that all online participation must meet the Online Submission Standards. Our intent is a respectful and informed examination of diverse perspectives. Understanding a variety of perspectives will help the YMDS Panel make thoughtful, informed recommendations regarding the future of mineral development in the Yukon.